PDA

View Full Version : Squashed Fiero

JPatterson
December 21st, 2008, 11:48
Thought some members would like to see how little cars handle carrying the firewood.
Wind storm in March 2008 brought down this tree in our yard. I never could figure out how I was going to take it down with my chainsaw so God helped.
Prayers answered or another project added to the pile.
Now I get to repair it correctly.
Car was bought originally with knock in engine and rebuilt to drive as an economy vehicle. Fun little car for back and forth to work.
Now under construction to repair previous owner collision damage repair done wrong and some cosmetics for the scratches from the tree.

ponchogeezer
December 21st, 2008, 15:11
Now thats a bad day.I hope you had plans to do something spectal with a neat lil car.YOUR CHACE IS NOW.SORRY FOR THE REASON TO MODIFY.hope to hear more from you. phil the geez

ponchogeezer
January 1st, 2009, 18:13
Have you had time to find out how bad your lil injun has been hurt by that tree yet?With a new year starting today ,maybe you'll get lucky and have cosmetics only.

JPatterson
January 3rd, 2009, 10:57
Dear Ponchogeezer,
Car has been in my shop taking up ****e for past 8 months.
Pulled broken windshield and found kink in corner from previous wreck and am changing the right upper rail.
Fiero construction is very strong with the ****e frame technology with many overlapping pieces welded together in lower windshield corner.
I have a twin I bought for parts that had been t-boned in left side so have all the parts I need for repair.
Working a job 6 days a week keeps me out of my garage and winter here has been cold and snowy this year with around 80 inches so far.
I hope to push myself more in the new year but at almost 60 I'm still looking for where all my youthful energy went.
Remember what we used to do all night long - now takes us all night long to do.
Jim

ponchogeezer
January 3rd, 2009, 19:12
well I hope 09 is better than last for all of us.Youdont have to work six days a week to have no garage desire when you move up on the six oh.Hope you enjoy playing with the fiero as much as doing the big indians. phil.